Q+A Alana Steward

Q: Why is it greater to be a Raider?
A: Because we have such a diverse group of classes and activities that we get to be a part of.

Q: What is your favorite part of the school day and why?
A: Lunch time because I can talk to my friends and see them and not have to worry about getting in trouble for talking in class.

Q: What does your life look like outside of school?
A: I am always busy, whether it’s doing some of the extra curricular activities around school, like the different clubs I’m in (Club 121, Pep club, RADD, Track and Field) or working and going to games here.

Q: Can you tell me about your mission trips?
A: I went to Africa and South Africa for two weeks. I left the day after school got out and I was there until the day the World Cup started.

Q: Did you get to see the world cup at all?
A: I got to see two of the stadiums. One of them I saw when I was flying over, which was really cool because they designed them based on African animals. So the one I saw from above was supposed to be a giraffe so they had these really tall pillars on the outside like necks. And then I drove by another one that supposedly had zebra print for the risers.

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
A: I want to live in Chicago. I really have a desire to experience some sort of urban setting whether it is teaching or missions, I haven’t really decided yet.

Q: Who do you admire most?
A: Probably one of my youth pastors at my church. She is going to school full-time. She is a senior in college and she also took on the responsibility of starting up a junior high service and ministry at our church.

Q: What is your favorite school lunch?
A: My favorite school lunch would have to be fruits and vegetables on the side so there would probably just be a salad with really good grapes that taste delicious with chocolate milk; and I’m always a fan of tacos!

Q: What are you most passionate about?
A: Helping others definitely. Its amazing to be able to see the gratitude on someone’s face when they really appreciate what you’ve done and know that what you’re doing isn’t even for yourself.

-Ellie