the student news source of shawnee mission south

Submit a Letter

Submit a Letter

Drake: Take Care

From a wheelchair in Degrassi to Grammy nominated 3 different times, Drake has once again stunned many of fans in his latest album, Take Care. The 17 tracks and extra two songs feature artists such as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Stevie Wonder, and Andre 3000 just to name a few. This album definitely demonstrates how Drake took care of his business. Listen to every line of every song and appreciate the fact that Drake has stayed away from the limelight for months while his Young Money counterparts have released CD’s and music videos. When It seems as if Drake has focused all of his time on to this album to make it extra special, especially when he released the most popular song “Headlines” just to give a little taste of future things to come.

The only complaints for the album is the repetitive monotone voice from Drizzy and excessive singing instead of rapping.These flaws are the only reason this isn’t a perfect album.  Lyrical content is another plus to why purchasing this CD would be money well invested. The beats in each track are either smooth or a nice upbeat sound that really compliments each verse. Definite nominations for the album are to be expected for at least 3 songs. With great collaborations this album truly has it all.

By Trivette Knowles