New Year’s Eve

New Years Eve

New Year’s Eve is a movie that met all expectations. A crappy plot, poor character development and overall just not very good. With so many stars it is very hard to give each actor or actress necessary screen time to amplify their talents. The only two actors who had the opportunity to do that were Sarah Jessica Parker and surprisingly enough, Zac Efron. It’s a big jump from Sex and the City and High School Musical, but they really pulled it off.

This movie was simply Valentine’s Day all over again, which Garry Marshall directed as well, but this time not nearly as good. The plot was as simple as a Disney Channel Movie just not as interesting. Not only did everyone get a happy ending, but it was as if Marshall read Cinderella before making this movie and decided that fairy-tales should be brought into movies that are trying to imitate real life. The movie Valentine’s Day had a more sophisticated plot and flowed very nicely. New Year’s Eve was a little harder to get fully focused on, and another problem was how many shots of green screen were featured. This movie was supposed to be realistic but the green screen really destroyed that objective.

However, there were good things in this flick. Seth Myers was funny as always. Halle Berry, Sofia Vergara and Jessica Biel looked like their gorgeous selves. Robert De Niro really killed the mood with his stunning acting of a dying patient suffering from cancer. He truly didn’t see the camera enough. Each character had a relatable personality that the audience could connect with.

This movie is acceptable for all audiences, but if you need to see a movie and there are other films available to choose from, go with the other choices. I recommend people wait for New Year’s Eve to come out on DVD. Watch this when everyone else on your contact list has plans, including your parents.

by Trivette Knowles