How to Hack Your Spring Break Trip

How to Hack Your Spring Break Trip

Hannah Underwood, Writer

Are you headed to someplace wonderful this Spring Break? Be sure to follow these five tips and tricks to ensure a smooth sailing and enjoyable vacation.

• Remember to hydrate and eat healthy snacks when traveling. When traveling, whether it be by car, plane or train, it’s important to eat and drink water to prevent headaches and fatigue. It’ll keep you in a good mood and ready to start your day once you arrive at your destination.
  • Take care of your skin. Laying out all day in the sun and getting a tan is great, but damage from the sun rays is real. It’s especially important to take care of your skin at a young age. Take care of your skin by applying a sunblock every two hours with an SPF of at least 30, and be sure it has protection from UV rays. Also, wear a hat and sunglasses to protect your face, eyes, and scalp. Once you’re done in the sun, apply aloe vera gel to moisturize and soothe your skin.
  • Pack Efficiently. Are you someone who always feels like you’re forgetting something when packing? Try making a packing list, so that you can easily look for the things you need and check them off as you go. When it comes to loading everything in your suitcase, try this strategy: fold heavier and bulkier items like jeans and sweaters, but roll thinner items like tank tops and athletic clothes. This way, you can maximize space in your suitcase.
  • Expand your mind. Take full advantage of this time off from school and read! Diving into a good book, especially while out in nature, is extremely relaxing.
  • Take TONS of photos. You only have so many high school spring breaks, so be sure to capture your memories. You’ll want to look back at them one day.