Funny Business

Students and teachers at South tell about funny moments they have experienced while working.

Funny+Business

Katie Hiebl, Reporter

Everybody at some point in their life will have a job. Some days will be easy, some days harder, and a lot in between, but hopefully you will have some funny days too. These are stories from some students and teachers here at South.

Job: Babysitting

Person: Grace Kline

Story: “One time I was babysitting and the kids wanted to show me their fish. So they were going to feed their fish and they were like Grace our fish is not moving so I go look at it and it’s on top of the water, not moving so I texted the mom and she’s like ok put it in a plastic baggie and put it in the refrigerator so I can return it.  The kids were crying.”

Job: Student teaching

Person: Mrs. Neumann

Story: “So I did my student teaching when I was in Arkansas because I want to the University of Arkansas. I student taught 8th and 9th graders and my mentor teacher sent me to the lounge to make some copies, and I was standing at the printer waiting for my copies and another teacher came in that I didn’t know, and they asked me where my hall pass was and said that students aren’t allowed in the teachers lounge.”

Job: Teaching

Person: Mr. Berg

Story: “We had a brand new milk snake at Olathe East when I was teaching and it got out and we thought we lost it and then I heard a scream from the office and the snake was coiled up in front of the counselor’s door and had her trapped in her office.  She was deathly afraid of snakes. The snake had crawled out of my room, down the hall, and into the office which wasn’t far but it was still far enough.

Job: Assistant swim instructor

Person: Bethany Allison

Story: “This is kinda gross but at the pool, one of the kids we were teaching had like an enormous booger hanging out of his nose, and he was like playing with it with the other kids like it was slime. We didn’t notice until a little girl was screaming that it was in her hair. It was so nasty.”

Job: Babysitting

Person: Jayline Gomez

Story: “So one time I was babysitting these three little kids, and I was changing one of the kids’ diaper. I couldn’t find his pants at the end so I just put his diaper on and it kept falling because I put on the wrong size diaper.  The diaper was for his brother and then he was peeing around the whole house and I didn’t notice it until I stepped on a wet spot. That’s a funny story.”