Basic Beauty: Everyday Makeup Look

Amelia Holcomb, Ads Editor

Hello and welcome to my blog! You can expect product reviews, makeup looks, beauty hauls, and more here. This month, I wanted to start off with an easy, everyday school makeup look. If I’m running late (which is quite often), I just throw on some concealer and mascara, but if I have a little bit more time to do my makeup this is the type of look I like to do.

Face:

I start with cleaning my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I leave it damp and use it to apply my Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer. This tinted moisturizer is nice because it has good coverage but is really lightweight.

I use my fingers to apply the Revlon Photoready Concealer to any blemishes and underneath my eyes to cover dark circles. I also use the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer underneath my eyes to brighten. If I think I’ll need it, I set my face with Wet n Wild’s Coverall Powder Foundation. It gives the tinted moisturizer a little more coverage and keeps my forehead from getting shiny.

To finish the face, I sweep on some of the NYX Powder Blush in Peach. It adds some nice color and really brightens up my face.ameliablog3

Eyes:

I like to keep my eyes pretty simple. I prime my eyes with the Milani Eye Primer to keep the eyeshadow on all day and use Wet n Wild’s Single Eyeshadow in Nutty. Nutty is a great everyday color that you can use all over the eyelid and into the crease.

I line my eyes with the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner Pen and apply a couple coats of Maybelline’s The Falsies Mascara.

I use a little bit of the eyebrow gel in the ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light really lightly through my brows.

ameliablog2

Lips:

I finish off the look with the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Frosting. It’s kind of like a mix between a lipgloss and lipstick and is a great product that I can just put on and get out the door.

ameliablog1

Basic Beauty is a monthly blog posting on the 20th of every month, written and created by Amelia Holcomb, teaching students about makeup through tutorials, product reviews, and more.

Amelia Holcomb is a sophomore at Shawnee Mission South. She participates on gymnastics and is the ads editor for The Patriot.

Opinions written in blogs on smsouthnews.com only reflect the opinions of the writer of the post and is not in any way the opinion of The Patriot staff as a whole.