Basic Beauty: Fall Lip Faves

Amelia Holcomb, Ads Editor

Clockwise from top left: E.l.f. lipstick, Mary Kay at Play lipgloss, Korres lip butter, Revlon balm stain and Makeup Forever lipstick.
Photo by Amelia Holcomb

Fall is here and that calls for dark lips and oversized sweaters. Even though I don’t have any super deep colors to show, these are my favorite lip products that are fall appropriate while still being things I can reach for on an everyday basis.

From top: Revlon balm stain, Makeup Forever lipstick, E.l.f. lipstick, Mary Kay at Play lipgloss and Korres lip butter.
Photo by Amelia Holcomb

Revlon Just Kissable Balmstain in Honey – the perfect everyday, neutral lip color. This color looks really natural but has a slight mauve undertone perfect for fall. If you apply it more heavily, it can even start to look like the brown/Kylie Jenner lip color. The formula of it is one of my favorites because it glides on easily, lasts for a hours, and has a minty scent.

E.l.f. mineral lipstick in Rich Raspberry – a brighter berry color. Even though this is a brighter color, it’s not too bold. The formula of this $5 lipstick is really comfortable and lasts for a few hours before it starts to fade.

Mary Kay At Play Jelly Lip Gloss in Crushed Berry – a buildable, lip gloss that gives a really pretty dark purplish berry color. This lipgloss is great because you can either do a sheer wash of color, or go all out and build it to a deep color.

Korres lip butter in Wild Rose – a super moisturizing lip balm with a light red tint. I always reach for one of my Korres lip butters if my lips are really chapped because they are the most moisturizing lip products I have. I love the light color that it gives while still feeling great on the lips.

Makeup Forever lipstick in No. 9 – a classic neutral lip color. I feel sophisticated when I wear this because it has darker undertones, but still manages to look like a “my lips but better” color. It truly looks likes an amped of version of my lips and makes my teeth look whiter too.

Basic Beauty is a monthly blog posting on the 20th of every month, written and created by Amelia Holcomb, teaching students about makeup through tutorials, product reviews, and more.

Amelia Holcomb is a sophomore at Shawnee Mission South. She participates on gymnastics and is the ads editor for The Patriot.

Opinions written in blogs on smsouthnews.com only reflect the opinions of the writer of the post and is not in any way the opinion of The Patriot staff as a whole.