Dance Marathon Grooves Back to South

Avery Dorsey, Staff Writer

Get your dancing shoes shined for the annual Dance Marathon brought to you by South’s own talented Pacesetters Friday, Nov. 14.

“Contrary to last year, students from all the schools in the district are welcome to come and participate,” senior Gillian O’Brien said.

Tickets are only $5 from a pacesetter and $7 at the door. This affordable dance party should be filled with great music and fun costumes.

Behind all of the people participating in competitions and dancing lies what Dance Marathon stands for. It’s an annual fundraiser to raise money for the team and for a dance studio in need of financial assistance.

“I love seeing the dancers faces when we present them with their check, it’s such a gratifying feeling,” senior Gillian O’Brien said.

“The night includes dances performed by the varsity and junior varsity pacesetter squad. “We are showcasing for the first time a creepy doll themed hip hop dance,” junior Carsen Schroeder said.

Not only do you get to see entertaining dances performed by the pacesetters and having a great night dancing with everyone, you also get several opportunities to win prizes. Gift cards and an all you can eat party room at fox and hound are some of the many prizes available at Dance Marathon.

“You also get all you can eat food and meeting Em’s Spotlight dancers and owners,” senior Gillian O’Brien said.

The atmosphere from last year when will be increased and a must go-to this year.

“I love seeing all the people that come participate in the competitions and everyone having a wonderful time,” junior Carsen Schroeder said.

Meeting new people from all over the district,  dance party atmosphere alive with heart thumping music, and competing for many prizes are the reasons why you should go to Dance Marathon.