Satisfying Your Winter Break Netflix Fix

Rola Alasmar, Editor-in-Chief, Opinion Editor

As winter break approaches, we are filled with excitement about being off school for two weeks and having so much extra time. But it will only be a matter before we find ourselves having a little too much extra time, a perfect opportunity to go on a Netflix Binge. But have no fear, you will no longer have to find yourself scrolling through Netflix for hours for something to watch, because I have compiled a list of all the greatest shows.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This show follows the lives of four arrogant friends who own a subpar Irish bar in Philadelphia. The show is soon entering its tenth season, and with the first nine seasons all being on Netflix it’ll be easy to catch up. Episodes are slightly over 20 minutes and the show is so funny you’ll find yourself not being able to stop.

Psych

Psych is a comedy-drama show set in Santa Barbara. Sean Spencer and his right hand man Burton Guster (Gus) start their own detective agency, where Sean claims to solve crimes using his psychic ability. The two also find themselves working for the Santa Barbara Police Department where they solve crimes keeping up the the psychic act. Episodes are around 40 minutes long, so it’s perfect for trying to pass the time.

The Carrie Diaries

The Carrie Diaries is the prequel to Sex and the City, showing the life of 17 year old Carrie Bradshaw, as she works for Interview Magazine in Manhattan New York, while also going to high school. Season 2 has recently been added to Netflix, and if you find yourself in the mood for a drama, this is the show for you.

Freaks and Geeks

If you’re looking for a series that will be easy and quick to get through, Freaks and Geeks is perfect for you. The show centers around Lindsay Weir and her younger brother Sam who attend high school in 1980 in Michigan. The series’ beginning shows Lindsay’s transition from being a really academically proficient student to making new friends with the the group of the kids who are categorized as the “freaks,” while Sam is in the group categorized as the “geeks.” The show follows the Weir family as they try to find who they are while navigating through the social universe. There is only one season of the show, but the episodes will never disappoint.

30 Rock

Created by Tina Fey, 30 Rock takes place in New York behind the scenes of a fictional sketch comedy series. Fey stars as Liz Lemon, head writer of the comedy show. Lemon finds herself dealing with unstable movie stars and crazy friends while also going after her dreams.  30 Rock has 7 seasons of episodes that will make your abs hurt from laughing so hard.