A Tradition for Heritage

Every year students can be nominated three times: Homecoming, Sweetheart and Heritage. Heritage can be set apart by the other two because it entails a much longer voting process.

First, students must attain a 3.6 GPA to even apply. From there students document what clubs, sports and activities they participate in and what positions of leadership they have. A point system is used to determine the top forty students of the senior class. Faculty members who are not sponsors of any activity, vote on the twenty girls and twenty boys narrowing the court down to the top ten boys and girls. Once the nominees are announced seniors have the option to chose their top three candidates on the court and from there Heritage King and Queen are chosen.

This long and sometimes confusing tradition helps to bring to light the students who work really hard and put time into the school. It highlights the smartest and most involved students in the Senior Class and can be taken in high regards.

Voting among teachers has already taken place and voting for seniors will begin  March 11. Seniors will be able to get to the link to vote through the Senior Superlative classroom if they are currently enrolled, or by joining with new class code yi51ogp. Voting is open until March 24. The Heritage ceremony will take place at the spring assembly March 25 announcing the Heritage king and queen.

Here are the 2015 nominees:

Rola Alasmar

Caroline Gatti

Marissa Gatti

Amiah Gray

Deborah Haas

Sidney Hollar

Abigail Loewen

Chloe Matthews

Megan Stollsteimer

Regina Yan

Alejandro Diaz

Ryan Donnelly

Benjamin Iba

Isaac Lanan

Matthew Logan

Brandon Maxey

James Onnen

Matthew Schwabauer

Peter Strobel

Jackson Young