Main Hall Closed During Lunch

Students are only able to navigate the surrounding halls next to the cafeteria for lunch

Savannah Allen

After lunch, students gather around the new gate pulled to block the main hall. Administrators put the gate in place to prepare students the new entry way next year.

Rachel Larberg

The ritual post-lunch social in the main hall has come to a close for many students. As of the middle of April, administration has pulled the gate shut blocking students from the main hall where the front doors are. Administration has implemented this change to promote a safer environment throughout the school. These changes include a full time security guard stationed by the front door to check in visitors, taking photo IDs at the front door to post on the name tag and shutting the main hall off from students during the lunch hours.

Pushing all the students out of the main hall forces them to either stay in the cafeteria or surrounding hallways. Administration has also closed off the art wing from students at lunch.

“I feel like it crowds the outside of the cafeteria more and its a little annoying but I also understand why they blocked it for safety,” junior Marti Collantes said.

Collantes is one of the many students that feels that the lunch gate is a nuisance but also in place for important reasons.

As the upcoming school year approaches, changes will be seen not only in the building but the security of the building. The lunch gate and the full time security guard are just the start.