High school can be most memorable time of your life

Javen Pouncil, 21st Century Reporter

The last months of school are always the best part of the school year to students. This affects students and especially seniors because they’re under lots of stress looking for scholarships, taking tests and signing up for internships. Also, students work harder to focus and bring up their grades. They try to participate and make the best of the last few weeks they have left.

Most seniors say that their last year of high school is a big deal in their life. Their parents tell them stories about proms, clubs and activities they were involved in. Tons of girls stress running around town looking for the perfect dress, and styling the perfect hair, nails, and makeup to make prom a memorable night they will never forget. They have a lot of pressure preparing for the big jump into the adult world. Seniors take tons of time researching a perfect college that suits them, the finances of living there or renting their own apartment.

Then they have to worry about how they will be paying for these things, finding new jobs and saving their money. Seniors also look for scholarships that might help pay for tuition in college or look for internships and places to volunteer to expand their experience on their resume and college records.

Other students around this time of year stress over bringing their grades up to meet the goal of their semester grades. They study for ACTs, SATs, finals, and all types of big tests that occur during the end of the school year. They stay up all night and spend more time before and after school to catch up on late work and raise their grade as high as they can. Finals are 10 percent of students grades so they usually bring their grade up high enough so that their grade won’t drop drastically after they take finals.

Lots of events take place during the last couple of months of school, such as prom, Extravaganza, ACTs, spring plays, senior breakfasts and graduation. Students try to be involved as much as they can, especially seniors, to make their last couple of months in high school worth it. Sometimes seniors decide not to go to graduation because it isn’t important to them to attend. Although they might regret it in the future.

Your senior year is supposed to be one of the best years of your life, taking that next big step in life. This should be the time when you spend the most time with your friends and teachers, focusing on school and getting involved, leaving with good memories that will stay with you all your life. High school is an important period of your life. Where you discover who you are, your real friends and what you want to be in the future.