Dewey’s Does Pizza Right

Faith Danaher

Dewey’s Pizza is located at 95th Street and Mission Road

Faith Danaher, Staff Writer

Walk into Dewey’s Pizza on 95th and Mission Road to catch a whiff of wonderful smelling gourmet pizza and to find a variety of people talking and enjoying their meals. The atmosphere was fun and the menu was somewhat diverse.

The menu included six choices of salads, calzones with up to three ingredients, create your own pizza options, and a variety of specialty pizzas. There are 13 different specialty pizzas, some with red sauce and some with Dewey’s white sauce.

The service was fast and reliable, however the restaurant was only moderately busy, so the service might not always be so fast. The waitress was helpful and knowledgeable of the menu.

I went to Dewey’s with a friend and we ordered a small pizza with half Hawaiian specialty pizza and half pepperoni pizza. It tasted good, and the small pizza was plenty of food for my friend and me.

While the food was appetizing, it was not the best pizza I had ever eaten, and the price was reasonable, considering it was a gourmet pizza restaurant. The small specialty pizza ranged from around $12 to $16, the medium ranged from $16 to $19, and the large ranged from $18 to $22.

Overall, the restaurant had good service, good pizza and relatively reasonable prices. The only possible weakness might be their salads and calzones; however, I cannot be sure because I did not try them. I would give Dewey’s pizza an 8 out of 10 rating because they had good food, but their gourmet pizzas did not completely blow me away.

I would still definitely recommend Dewey’s as a fun new place for students to try. Additionally, the location is about seven minutes away from South, so seniors should stop in for lunch if they want a new place to try.