Fall Shopping the Savvy Way

Senior+Muriel+Lund+wears+a+thrifted+outfit+including+her+jacket+bought+from+the+City+Thrift+Store%2C+flannel+from+Savers+and+sweater+from+Salvation+Army.+

Angela Machado

Senior Muriel Lund wears a thrifted outfit including her jacket bought from the City Thrift Store, flannel from Savers and sweater from Salvation Army.

Angela Machado, Writer

Stop spending money on expensive clothes when you can head to a thrift store and create your own outfits while not hurting your wallet. The cheap prices make it easy to transform the items and make them your own.

SAVERS-

Trailwood Shopping Center

5441 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66207

Savers is one of the go to thrift stores for South students since it’s only two miles away from our campus. Savers has a wide selection of clothing ranging from your fall essentials such as sweaters and flannels to costumes for Halloween, sports game themes and spirit days. Savers runs on the communities donations and provides to the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization.

SALVATION ARMY-

11421 Metcalf Ave

The Salvation Army is also located two miles away from South’s campus north of Kohl’s. It carries clothing, furniture and household goods. The low prices are ideal for buying clothes to cut up and transform in to your own, like making shorts out of old jeans or distressing a old jacket. The Army was created to help those in need so the prices are cheaper than other thrift stores and they always have deals going on including 25% off one item when you show your student I.D.

CITY THRIFT STORE-

Shannon Valley Shopping Center
11186 Antioch Rd

The City Thrift store is one of the bigger thrift stores in our town that goes unnoticed. While also carrying the same type of items as Savers and Salvation Army, there is a wider selection because the items are less picked through.