Canned Food Drive Continued with Mr. AmeriCAN

Amelia Holcomb, Editor-In-Chief

Student Council’s annual Mr. AmeriCAN raised cans and money for the canned food drive Wednesday, Nov. 9. All ticket sales and cans collected will go directly to the Johnson County Christmas Bureau.

Senior boys were were nominated by various clubs and student organizations, and were whittled down to the nine candidates by staff.

Mr. Theatre Zach Greer won both the overall title of Mr. AmeriCAN and the Mr. Interview portion. Mr. Girl’s Soccer Sam Schneck took home the Mr. CANgeniality award, which was based off of audience voting. Other winners include Mr. Cross Country Mitch Brock winning Mr. Spirit and Mr. Debate Kenny Chan winning Mr. Talent.

“Ï’m very surprised and I’m very honored, very happy, excited, this is so cool…” Greer said.

Greer was also this year’s Homecoming King, but says this is different.

“Johnson County Christmas Bureau works not only Christmas time but all like year round, kind of like Harvesters, taking cans stuff and to distribute them throughout the community,” Greer said. “And I love that we’re doing this for a cause. Homecoming was great, this is great too, but I think this is extra-special because there’s a cause behind it, it’s going to the kids and I love that.”

Also during the night, four Hoops for Hope teams competed, with the King Porkers and Goon Squad teams winning the school’s bracket and going on to the finals night at Blue Valley Southwest Thursday night.