the student news source of shawnee mission south

Submit a Letter

Submit a Letter

Real Husbands of Hollywood

Real Husbands of Hollywood, is a new show that premiered Jan. 15 on BET. Real Husbands of Hollywood, otherwise known as RHOH, is a show created and produced by stand-up comedian Kevin Hart. The show is a parody of the Real Housewives reality TV series.

RHOH shows the lives of six successful males married to famous women. Kevin Hart, Boris Kodjoe, JB Smoove, Robin Thicke, Duane Martin and Faizon Love are the main characters, who show that even in Hollywood men will be men. In the debut episode of RHOH the cast was accompanied by musical artist Nelly who added to the humor by inviting main character Robin Thicke to Hart’s home for the nightly poker game.

For being only the first episode, it seems as if you already knew the characters before the show even started from their behavior in the real world. Hart is funny as usual, while fellow castmates add their own type of comedy. With each character getting a personality label within the first five minutes of the show, you can see that the creators are creating an image of how these celebrities are just like your regular group of friends. Labels such as The Hater, The Hollywood Shuffle and Mr. Dress Nice really add to the show by seeing what type of personality the actors have to stick to.

This new program is funny and resembles shows such as Entourage and How I Met Your Mother, by showing a group of friends meeting together and experiencing their everyday lives with one another. The show seems like it will be successful and if it continues to control the social media scene like it did on opening night, there isn’t any reason why millions couldn’t be made off an idea like this.