Notes from the Underground

Notes from the Underground

The recently released Notes from the Underground CD has Hollywood Undead fans running amuck worldwide. It was the number one selling album on iTunes on the CD’s release date of Jan. 8. It was also not to be found in stores: the shelves were clean. Hollywood Undead is an alternative rock and rap band from Myspace. They can best be compared to Linkin Park in the music style, just a little more hardcore.
Since adding their newest singer, Danny, the band has put their names on the charts and managed to get some of their songs on the radio, despite their explicit language. This album could possibly be the best they’ve had to offer thus far. Their song “We Are” is my personal favorite since purchasing the album, and it’s been the biggest hit off the album since its release. This album has really mixed up their usual routine as far as it goes for all their past albums.
In the song “Outside” the usual chorus singer has his own solo in the beginning with moving lyrics that really spoke to me, especially the part that states “I’m bent, not broken.” Hollywood Undead has always had a unique style describing feelings in any situation. Sometimes it’s funny with their upbeat party songs, than their other songs can make you feel it in the pit of your stomach. This album offers more mellow songs with acoustic guitar.
There are a total of 11 tracks, and I can’t stop listening to them. This album blew my mind the first time I listened to it. I was amazed. The only problem that I have found so far is that the verses in some of their songs could be longer. They were in past albums and really helped defined who Hollywood Undead is. In this album they’re just showing the world what else they have to bring to the table. Notes from the Underground is like Swan Songs (their first album) meets American Tragedy (their last album).
For those of you who haven’t listened to Hollywood Undead before, I personally suggest Notes from the Underground because it’ll perfectly sum up what Hollywood Undead is all about.