Juggling Junior Year

It’s crazy to think that in a few months I will be beginning my junior year. The first couple of years of your high school career go by faster than you can imagine. You’ll be approaching your third year of high school feeling like just yesterday you were a freshman.
Although there are many perks of being an upperclassman, junior year is definitely going to be a challenge. With the multitude of AP classes and extracurriculars, taking the ACT, SAT and PSAT, deciding where to go to college, and thinking about the future, juniors aren’t left with much time on their hands.

My workload this year is already a bit more than I can handle, and next year is only going to get harder. And the fact that I’ve pretty much had senioritis since the start of freshman year is probably not going to help.

But the late nights of doing homework and the early mornings of taking tests will all be worth it in order to have the opportunities that come with being a junior, going to Prom, participating in Powder Puff Football, being in National Honor Society, enrolling in classes only open to upperclassmen, and so many more.

As a junior you’ll finally start to have things figured out and can be the one helping out the freshman and giving advice. You get to be the ones that the underclassmen look up to, the way we did as freshmen.

Although the year is going to be tough, being a junior is something to be excited for, and I won’t let the hours of studying and stress of getting ready for college keep me from making it a memorable year. I plan on making the most of it, and so should you.